Our hearts and minds are with each of you during this generational and multi-country pandemic emergency. We hear of the loss of sisters and their loved ones, which reinforces the need for P.E.O. to be part of the positive solution to moving out of the sorrow we are feeling. P.E.O. is a resilient organization with the strength of the bonds of friendship to bring us together and forward.
The Executive Board of International Chapter continues to monitor the information provided by the Canadian Public Health Agency and the United States' Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as national and regional restrictions which governments and public health officials have placed on anyone living on our continent.
Our number one priority with every emergency decision made by our executive board has been the health and welfare of our sisters and their families. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency, the Executive Board of International Chapter has approved the following actions:
- The Executive Board of International Chapter has extended the date of our previous directive and directs that no P.E.O. gatherings be held prior to August 1, 2020. Gatherings include but are not limited to:
- Local Chapters, including all meetings (regular, social and special) and all in-person fundraisers
- Reciprocity Groups
- P.E.O. Groups
- Spring Workshops and other officer training events
- Organizations of New Chapters
- All P.E.O. events not described above.
- That all P.E.O. sponsored in-person fundraisers, including the P.E.O. Bed and Breakfast Program, be suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency.
- That local chapters be allowed to hold Emergency Meetings by teleconference or videoconference using the instructions and Order of Business attached to this email and posted on the website of International Chapter for only the following items of business:
- Election of Officers
- Note - Installation of officers not performed prior to March 17 is not required in 2020
- The corresponding secretary is to report the election of officers at a previous Regular Business Meeting or at an Emergency Meeting. She is to make the appropriate online entries for the Report of Election of Officers of Local Chapter using the election date for both election and installation date. (See IOLC for further information.)
- Consideration of philanthropic applications for the following:
- Projects of International Chapter:
- P.E.O. Educational Loan Fund (ELF)
- P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education (PCE)
- P.E.O. Scholar Awards (PSA)
- P.E.O. STAR Scholarship (STAR)
- State, provincial or district chapter scholarship, emergency or welfare funds
- Includes Cottey Scholarships
- Local chapter P.E.O. Foundation funds
- Election of Officers
- That minutes of an Emergency Meeting are approved at the next regular business meeting held by a local chapter. Please use the template for recording Minutes of a Local Chapter Emergency Meeting (this is a Word document).
- That authority continues to be granted to presidents and treasurers of local chapters, P.E.O. Groups and Reciprocity Groups to pay necessary bills during the period P.E.O. gatherings are not to be held with ratification of these actions at the next regular business meeting after meetings resume.
- That Audit Committees of local chapters are to report at the next regular business meeting of their chapter when in-person meetings resume.
P.E.O. is United and Strong! We will build our legacy together!
Our love to each of you,
Brenda, Patti, Cathy, Alix and Kay