To Local Chapter Presidents -
Our thoughts and hearts continue to be with our sisters as the COVID-19 pandemic emergency continues. The pandemic has brought change for us individually and for our families, our Sisterhood and the entire world. Change–even when it is change you want–brings questions and unknowns.
We’ve put together a video (around 25 minutes) to share the decisions and directives for re-opening P.E.O. gatherings. The message reinforces that our focus and priority continue to be the health and safety of our members. As a reminder, it is the chapter’s choice whether or not to hold meetings starting in September—and their choice in what manner the meeting is conducted.
Please click here to access the video.
Additional communications and resources
- -A dedicated section of the P.E.O. International Member Website is available here.
- Good news will be shared on the page—real examples and ideas of how chapters are adapting and thriving.
- Resources will continue to be added over the next several weeks.
- New President’s Book pages will be sent to each local chapter president in August.
- Newly-revised or created COVID-19 related resources will include a similar line on the cover or at the bottom of the first page “This resource has been created to help local chapters navigate changes to business meetings related to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- A social media and web-based campaign will begin in August to help provide additional information, answer frequently asked questions and debunk some myths. Be sure to follow P.E.O. International on Facebook.
Your state, provincial or district chapter executive board is a knowledgeable source to help answer your questions. We encourage you to reach out to these local leaders to help you navigate this change.
We are confident the bonds of Sisterhood and the focus on our shared mission of women helping women will ensure our Sisterhood remains vibrant, united and strong.
Please stay safe!
Our love to each of you,
Brenda, Patti, Cathy, Alix and Kay