- Chapters can meet face to face socially during the month of August (based on state guidelines). This includes fundraising or celebrations.
- Official meetings/business/socials will begin on September 1.
More information will be forthcoming by mid-August.
- Guidelines on how to meet were included.
Chapter presidents will be working on how to proceed within their own chapter.
Questions I have been asked:
- We had an official social or meeting in August - what do we do?
My suggestion is to have a get together with your sisters that feel comfortable and include others via video conferencing (while social distancing, wearing masks, providing sanitizer, etc. based on your state). Have no food or conduct any business. Have fun seeing your sisters.
- How do we proceed with our yearbook with everything uncertain?
Still publish your yearbook on the timeframe you normally would publish - even if you have “TBD” on locations or hostesses. It is key to have the dates in sisters’ calendars so they are ready to meet when we can. Your yearbook also includes names, addresses, etc. that may have changed from last year, so it’s good to have it current.
- When will we have more guidance?
More information will be forthcoming by mid-August. As soon as we have more information, your board buddy will be scheduling a zoom meeting to discuss the path forward and to address your questions or concerns.
Through the end of August, our focus is to continue to keep our chapter sisters connected, informed, and ready to start meetings in the fall. If you have questions, please contact me or any other state board member.
MSC Board President